Taking time for self-care is vital to our well being; making it a habit – a regular practice – can be a total game changer. There are certain self-care activities that I try to work into my every day routine, like drinking warm lemon water in the morning and fitting in a yoga session each day. But on the weekend or the occasional free time, I like to incorporate something extra.
Below is my go-to list of self-care activities. I keep it handy so that in those moments of free time, I can reference it and find something that works. Whether you have five minutes or an entire weekend, you’re sure to find something on this list.
Want to take it with you? Download your free copy of my 31 Self-Care Activities List and make it your go-to list, too!
[This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on anything and make a purchase, there’s no extra cost to you but I get a small kick back, which helps fund this blog. Thanks for the support!]
- Gentle Yoga – this Intro to Yin Yoga video is amazing!
- Read a new book.
- Watch your favorite TV shows.
- Go to the local coffee shop.
- Bake something – try a new recipe or an old favorite!
- Meditate – not sure how? Check out this book!
- Turn your phone off for 1 hour.
- Take a long, hot shower.
- Paint your nails or go get a pedicure!
- Deep condition your hair.
- Dance around the house to your favorite upbeat music.
- Go for a leisurely walk.
- Watch a funny movie or stand up comedy show.
- Make a smoothie (green power smoothies are my fave!)
- Go to the lake or beach.
- Watch the sunset.
- Write in your journal.
- Read something inspiring.
- Take a nap.
- Go for a drive.
- Eat at your favorite restaurant or get your favorite take-out.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Have some warm tea (Chamomile is very calming!)
- Write a gratitude list.
- Make breakfast for dinner!
- Play cards.
- Write down 5 things you like about yourself.
- Eat chocolate.
- Listen to a funny or inspiring pod cast.
- Buy an adult coloring book & colored pencils.
- Write an empowering quote on a sticky note & put it on your mirror.
Download this list as a free printable to keep as a cheat sheet the next time you need a little extra self-care!
These are my 31 go-to self-care activities. Do you have any that aren’t on this list? Share in the comments below!