Taking time for self-care is vital to our well being; making it a habit – a regular practice – can be a total game changer. There are certain self-care activities that I try to work into my every day routine, like drinking warm lemon water in the morning and fitting in a yoga session each day. But on the weekend or the occasional free time, I like to incorporate something extra.
Below is my go-to list of self-care activities. I keep it handy so that in those moments of free time, I can reference it and find something that works. Whether you have five minutes or an entire weekend, you’re sure to find something on this list.
- Gentle Yoga – this Intro to Yin Yoga video is amazing!
- Read a new book.
- Watch your favorite TV shows.
- Go to the local coffee shop.
- Bake something – try a new recipe or an old favorite!
- Turn your phone off for 1 hour.
- Take a long, hot shower.
- Paint your nails or go get a pedicure!
- Deep condition your hair.
- Dance around the house to your favorite upbeat music.
- Go for a leisurely walk.
- Watch a funny movie or stand up comedy show.
- Make a smoothie (green power smoothies are my fave!)
- Go to the lake or beach.
- Watch the sunset.
- Write in your journal.
- Read something inspiring.
- Take a nap.
- Go for a drive.
- Eat at your favorite restaurant or get your favorite take-out.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Have some warm tea (Chamomile is very calming!)
- Write a gratitude list.
- Make breakfast for dinner!
- Play cards.
- Write down 5 things you like about yourself.
- Eat chocolate.
- Listen to a funny or inspiring pod cast.
- Buy an adult coloring book & colored pencils.
- Write an empowering quote on a sticky note & put it on your mirror.
These are my 31 go-to self-care activities. Do you have any that aren’t on this list? Share in the comments below!
Looking for even more self-care resources? Check out my resource page here.